Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Allure Sample Society September 2013


So I have been terrible at getting to reviewing all of the boxes that purchased.  To be honest, I ordered too many!  I got a little excited about the whole subscription box idea and purchased away!  I've since cut down on some of the subscriptions I started but Sample Society will never be one of the subscriptions I do away with!  Every month I love what they send me! 


Allure Beauty Bar Sample Society is a monthly subscription that sends out 5 samples per month for $15 per month.  You can find them here : http://www.beautybar.com/ and click on the sample society link.

This was the first box I received:

This is the box it ships in - pretty cute actually

This is the box inside the box - also a nice box, pretty study also

This is a first look - you also recieve a free mini version of allure in each box

This is a real first look once you move the product card and magazine out of the way 

This is the product card explaining everything in the box

A shot of the cosmetics

Ok first item up...a head band from Deepa Gurnani. I really like this headband, although I am a fan of anything that sparkles. It fit nicely also, I wasn't expecting an accessory and I really liked the addition of this item! There is no price on product card.

Took a pic of me with it on...not a lovely shot of me but you get how it looks

MD SolarSciences Evening Repair Serum 
I loved the idea of this in the box and was excited to use it but to be honest I get keep forgetting to. By the time I get to sleep at night I'm lucky to remember to brush my teeth.


Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser 
Ha ha, I'm terrible at reading things...I like to dive right in and I don't read instructions or product cards first. So I first thought this was an exfoliate to be used in the bath - like a full body exfoliator. I'm happy to learn its for the face specifically, I'll have to try it out today!

Ok, so I love this cream!! L'Occitane Immortelle Precious Face Cream
I've been using it every day since I got the box. This little sample has gone a long way and there is still a lot left but I plan on buying more when the sample runs out.

Lastly, Jane Iredale Forever Pink Just Kissed Lip Plumper and Cheek Stain
I have used this on my lips before and really liked it. The color was darker than I expected. I don't know if I would like this on my cheeks.

All in all, I thought this box was great. It introduced me to products I've never tried that were all good quality and things I will purchase.






























No comments:

Post a Comment