Monday, September 30, 2013

PawBox August 2013

So I subscribed to my second dog subscription box - PawBox. PawBox is a monthly subscription for your pet - you can actually choose a box for a dog or a box for a cat. As I have two dogs I subscribed to the dog box. This box costs $10 per month and you can order one here: www.pawbox.com Below is my review of the first box I received from them:
This is just a picture of the packaging, card that was included with the box and a first look.
This is the actual first look. Cute tissue paper.
The first item is a grooming brush. I already have one of these and don't use the one that I have. I am a little unimpressed with this item as I think this is something I could have found somewhere inexpensively and easily.
The next item is the pop'n bites for dogs. My dogs loved these and I am happy to see it is made in the USA - couldn't help but notice the grooming brush was made in China. While my dogs did love these treats, this item was also something that I feel like I could find easily in stores, if not this exact item then something very similar.
Ok, next is the rope toy...what can I say about this rope toy...well, it's colorful!! I really wasn't impressed by this item either. My dogs aren't fans of rope toys but if they were they are abundant at our local dollar store. I gifted the rope toy and grooming brush to a friend's dog who was very happy to have them.
And next is the Natures Animals Biscuts...uh, wait a minute...guess they must have ran out because there was another item in my box. Other boxes have supplemented items because they ran out before but they usually add a little card explaining the difference in items. I didn't notice that the item was not what was listed on the card or that the picture was way out of focus when I took the picture either. Too bad because this by far was my dogs favorite item in the box. There were only four and they got two each. I found them online: this is Cloud Star Wag More Bark Less Soft & Chewy Dog Treats and from the package color it looks like my dogs got the pumpkin pie flavor...they must take after me, I love pumpkin flavored anything! Also, they are made in the USA - I found them online for $5.99 for a 6 ounce bag - I am planning to buy this when the treats I have run out. My dogs LOVED these treats:
Begging for the treats, they weren't fans of me taking pictures first!
Finally, the surprise toy! And...it's a...?? What exactly is this - a fabric toy mouse?? I swear this looks just like toy mice I used to buy for my cat to play with when I used to have cats. I am unimpressed once again - I think I could make this myself and it would probably only cost 50 cent to 1 dollar for the materials. Callie was slightly more impressed than I was however...my dogs are easy to please. Soooo, all in all I am under-impressed (is that a real word?) by this box. Most of the items are things that I could find for less than $10 in any local market or even dollar store. Maybe I would have been more impressed if I hadn't gotten BarkBox first. I have to say this box need to step up their game - I realize they are only $10 per month vs bark box's $19 per month (if you subscribe for 6 months) but I would rather pay more to get better quality items. I think they need to give less and better quality and this box would be much improved in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment