Monday, September 16, 2013

GlossyBox August 2013

GlossyBox was the second subscription box I received. I was super excited about this box because I had looked up past boxes and it looked like everything this company sent out was full size products and that it was really high quality. Glossybox costs $21 per month if you purchase it month to month but they also have options for a 3, 6 and 12 month subscription with savings for all of these plans. You can find glossybox here: http://www.glossybox.com/ There is a box within a box - the box that the items are in is actually a nice, sturdy box that can be reused and I have an aunt that loves to pack confetti in all of my packages so she will be getting the packing confetti that came in this box! When I took the inner box out of the packing box there was a coupon for Guess, a booklet explaining the products in the box and a cosmetic bag at the bottom of the box!
The first item was Spray Misty For Me Facial Spritz:
I have to admit when I opened the box and saw this item I wasn't impressed. I thought it looked a little cheap, and maybe like a product out of the 90's. A few days after I received this box I had a really late night and was feeling a bit sluggish this next morning. I decided to try this product...and I have to say I am hooked. The smell first of all is lovely and it really does feel like it is refreshing you when spritz your face with it. I was pleasantly surprised - I use this almost every day and plan on buying more when it runs out! The next item I saw was the Novex - Brazilian Keratin Hair Care Treatment Cream - I knew this would come to good use as I use keratin in my hair.
Next was the Jelly Pong Pong Lip Blush - I was not a fan of the color at all, which I thought was way too bright for me! I do have a cousin that is very much into fashion and is a little more adventurous than me - I gave her this as a gift and she loved it!
Next was the Pandora's Makeup Box Nail Polish - I got white...always can use a white nail polish. No complaints here, just not overly excited by it either.
The last thing in my box was the Sue Devitt Triple C-Weed Pressed Powder. At first look I was very disappointed. I live in Florida and have a tan - this color is much too light for me. I began to play with it a bit and realized that unfortunately because of wearing sunglasses I don't always have an allover same tone and applying a layer of this under my bronzer helps me to have an even tone. I use it every morning now! I break out from some products as well and haven't had a problem with this product - it is high quality - love it!
I must say that I was disappointed at first in this box but I really did enjoy playing with the products and using them and even gifting the things that wouldn't work for me. Can't wait to see what I get next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment